January 24, 2017 at 3:41 am #4015
I have swapped out the 10nF 1Kv capacitors and the unit is generating 380v again!
Will leave it for a week to make sure its stable them I may tackle the firmware upgrade to enable BME280
Moran.February 7, 2017 at 9:11 pm #4022
No, it’s still resetting periodically. Rarely, I can get the local webserver on the device to serve up one page, then it stops responding again. Likewise sometimes I can ping it, sometimes not.
I just merged some patches from Malte Pöggel on github, which fixed some issues, but not that one.
I wrote my first Go program, to poll the model A2 that I won, and post the data into InfluxDB. https://github.com/ec1oud/uradmonitor-influxdb-inserter I might make it into a daemon, but for now I just have it run from a cron job once per minute. Even better would be if I get the firmware to do this… it’s quite simple to use InfluxDB, just an HTTP POST. So I’ll be able to generate some graphs locally.
But the A2 is giving me temperature readings at least 10C too high. Right now it says 4C, and a simple mechanical thermometer on the same wall says -7C, while an online weather report says -9C. I can believe it’s not quite as cold as -9C, mounted on a wall outside, compared to a proper weather station in open air. But I figure either the A2 has a voltage regulator which is warming it up, or else it needs some calibration in firmware?
Malte built the firmware for me, and it works! Only difference is compiler version: I have avr-gcc 6.3.0 and he has 6.2.0.
But I ended up with a different ID, despite having set the ID in config.h (and Malte built it for me with that config.h). 13000208 instead of 51000053.February 8, 2017 at 6:33 pm #4023
Downgrading my compiler to 6.2.0 didn’t fix it.
Will keep poking around.February 9, 2017 at 7:58 pm #4027
Yes, with the Github code, the unit will use a dynamic ID. Make sure the fuses are set to preserve EEPROM, or you will loose your ID on every firmware upgrade (does EEPROM clean).
The A2 temperature can be affected by internal ENC28J60 and might need a linear compensation. We’ll take care of it.
Need to check what you guys did on github and merge the code. Please give me some time for that.June 2, 2017 at 9:05 am #4483
I managed to compile the code from Radu’s repository (version 115), since I wanted to add BME280 support to it.
That worked after a day of tinkering around (I had to rebuild the EEPROM memory though, and my USBasp programmer had a cold solder joint…), it displays correct temperatures, pressures and humidity values. YES!!!
But the networking doesn’t work. Like ecloud’s unit, it connects, but data can’t be retrieved from the unit. Any ideas how to get that fixed?
These are my compiler options (I used AVR toolchain 220.127.116.11 for Windows):
-D__AVR_ATmega328P -DF_CPU=8000000UL -Os -funsigned-char -ffreestanding -fshort-enums -fpack-struct -funsigned-bitfields -Wno-write-strings
Have a nice day,
WolferlJune 5, 2017 at 9:18 am #4486
Here are the full compiler options:
avr-g++ -Wall -Os -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fno-exceptions -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=8000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"$(@:%.o=%.d)" -MT"$(@:%.o=%.d)" -c -o "$@" "$<"August 5, 2017 at 9:57 pm #4733
A new firmware version has been released on Github: https://github.com/radhoo/uradmonitor_kit1 , closing some of the open issues.August 7, 2017 at 3:47 am #4739
I finally had a chance to tackle the upgrade after spending a couple of hours on Win 10 I ended up using a Win 7 32 bit machine to build and load the firmware.
Now my unit is measuring Temperature, Pressure, and Humidity 🙂August 7, 2017 at 8:01 am #4740
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.