July 13, 2019 at 12:40 pm #6674
Since I bought a new product from the Uradmonitor, a Smoggie, I have been using the interface on the website. There’s some stuff that doesn’t work properly or consistently:
* There is a nice page with all the readings in decently looking graphs, but these are not locked, you can wipe away the graph lines. This is especially cumbersome on mobile. On Chrome mobile the page is not adapted to the full width of the page, requiring you to zoom out, again risking touching the graphs.
Same goes for the main map, on mobile it is very easy to get stuck with scrolling the map instead of the page. Some other webpages fixed this by requiring the user to scroll the map with two fingers so that single finger swipes are ignored by the map
* The different time scales sometimes don’t work properly. It’s hard to reproduce but sometimes you select a timescale and nothing happens or you have to refresh the page.
* Day/week/month/etc shortcuts on the graph should also be nice.
* One feature I also would like to see is to drop data from a certain period. I got a 650 ug/m^3 PM10 spike due to work on my balcony. I don’t consider this valid data because it was of a very temporary and extreme nature and does not reflect the general air quality in my neighborhood.
* Also, exact locations of units should not be public information but for example a location that is a 50×50 or 100×100 meter grid. Everyone I send the link to my sensors is basically getting my home address. A field for notes such as a contact e-mail or station description would be nice thoughJuly 14, 2019 at 12:06 pm #6675
Excellent feedback, thank you! I will see to have as many of these in place.August 28, 2019 at 9:55 pm #6707
Can I expect any of this features to be implemented any time? Especially the location, I am considering to just move them into some random location in my town.August 31, 2019 at 10:54 pm #6712
Long night, but the random thing is now implemented. Please test it, under dashboard you will find option “Randomize” http://www.uradmonitor.com/dashboardSeptember 1, 2019 at 12:12 am #6719
I have tested your fix but unfortunately it creates a new issue, the map moves as the “false” location is updated repeatedly. So now my Smoggie dances all over Utrecht 😁
My idea of hiding the precise location is to place them in a virtual grid and snap any unit to the grid it is located in.
A simpler fix is to randomize only once if the box is ticked.
Maybe it’s also an idea to have some kind of issue tracker. The online dashboard looks great but as software and hardware gets more complex issues have to be tracked and eventually solved.September 1, 2019 at 9:16 am #6721
Yup, that’s what’s happening . I will fix it.
I agree on the issue tracker and suggest using this forum for it, perhaps a dedicated section. What do you think?September 1, 2019 at 12:22 pm #6722
Location dancing issue on randomizer set is fixed, the obfuscated coordinates will update only every half and hour.
Also, the Note and Picture fields in the dashboard are not working. Can anyone guess what they do?September 2, 2019 at 9:49 am #6723
I do like the “note” field, its great!
WolferlSeptember 2, 2019 at 11:06 am #6724
Thank you! Was it your suggestion, @wolferl? Because I have a big todo list and trying to implement them as we go, glad to see these finally in place.September 2, 2019 at 11:43 am #6725
My suggestion was to be able to mark the unit as being mounted indoor/outdoor. The note field is a much better idea though, since it is much more versatile to use.
Thank you so much!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.